How to Fix the Error Code 0x00000050
Blue screens of death are not just annoying but spell doom to your computer. They usually show out of the blue and depict an underlying issue that calls for your immediate attention. Also known as the error code 0x00000050 or page_fault_and_nonpaged_area, it’s a windows stopcode that occurs when you start your computer or load a program.
The reasons for this code popping up are umpteen, also spanning to when you restart your computer after you’ve installed Windows XP. However, they aren’t indomitable, and there are straightforward solutions to solve them.
COMMON CAUSES OF ERROR CODE 0X00000050 OR PAGE_FAULT_AND_NONPAGED_AREA
VIRUSES AND MALWARESViruses and malwares often disguise themselves as legitimate downloads. What makes them indomitable inside your PC is their sheer ability to incorporate within the files in your system files. When they do this, you won’t quickly notice them unless you use antivirus scanning software. These viruses usually corrupt essential Srvnet.sys system files, rendering them useless. When it so happens, you’re likely to face the error code 0x00000050 with a page fault and nonpaged area message.
* INCOMPATIBLE DDL FILES
DDL files modularize and reuse codes, as well as ensure efficient memory usage and minimizing space usage. If these files don’t function as such, it’s possible that your computer will stall and won’t run as you expect.
* OVERHEATING COMPUTER PARTS
If your computer overheats, there must be a likely cause. Most times, computers overheat due to too much dust building up or running multiple programs. Also, heavy software can make the drivers run strenuously, which leads to substantial heating. Usually, computers automatically switch themselves off when they overheat, and when they reach this critical threshold, don’t force them to keep on.
* POOR COMPUTER MAINTENANCE
Computers need pampering and niche care. Since they are delicate machines, you mustn’t load them with heavy software beyond their holding capacity or using an obsolete operating system.
* CONFLICTING DISPLAY ADAPTER DRIVERS AND WINDOWS XP SP1
If your computer’s display adapter drivers and the windows XP SPI aren’t compatible, you’re likely to encounter the ERROR CODE 0X00000050. These two work hand in hand with each other and don’t correctly function if they are different.
HOW TO FIX PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA OR ERROR CODE 0X00000050
Solving this error requires a diagnosis of the underlying issue to get the trajectory of solving it. Since it results from numerous problems, the solutions are usually varied. In this article, we’ll approach this issue with solutions covering both angles so that you don’t get stuck with this nagging problem. Here are ideal solutions to this problem.
SOLUTION 1: CONFLICT BETWEEN DISPLAY ADAPTER DRIVERS AND WINDOWS XP SP1
If the underlying cause is an internal conflict between the display adapter drivers and the Windows XP SP1, rest assured that this solution will give you a proper retrieve. Solving this problem is simple and doesn’t need you to be tech-savvy. Here are the ideal steps to take.
* If your computer is on while displaying this error, try pressing the power button to shut it down completely.
* Restart the computer again in windows safe mode by pressing F8 immediately after the screen display is on. You will open the Windows Advanced Options menu, which you’ll have to navigate using the arrow keys. Navigate and select the “Safe Mode.”
* Press enter and select your operating system. Hover over to “Start” and click “Run” before typing “msinfo32” in the box that shows up. Press OK to proceed.
* You will see “System Summary Option.” Find the options by expanding the components and click “Display.”
* Take note of the information corresponding to the INF file system before quitting the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
* After quitting the menu, go to the start menu again and click on ‘my computer.’ From there, find and click “properties.” Select “Hardware” and click the device manager tab.
* Hover over to “Display Adapters” and click “Uninstall” before pressing OK.
* For the third time, go back to the start menu and type the commands below. Remember to shut all the windows down before rebooting your computer.
– ren %systemroot%infINF file name from Step 5.pnf *pnf.old
– ren %systemroot%infINF file name from Step 5.inf *inf.old
From here, you can download and install the latest drivers for the display adapter. Problem solved!
SOLUTION 2: MALWARE AND VIRUSES
You can find out if this error is caused by malware and viruses. By default, the computer will notify you about the problem once you run a detailed scan. If you find out that’s the case, then find an ideal antivirus software and scan the virus causing the ERROR CODE 0X00000050. A common virus causing this error is the HaxDoor, disguising as legitimate downloads or email links.
To avoid installing these malicious viruses, avoid clicking on links that aren’t secured with SSL. All insecure links are most likely lodged with all sorts of viruses that will attack your computer’s drivers from all angles.
SOLUTION 3: REGISTRY ISSUES
Since your computer’s registry harbors all your essential system activities and files, any form of corruption or damage can lead to the ERROR CODE 0X00000050. Therefore, it calls for it, try cleaning your computer files to eliminate malicious viruses that could be detrimental to your computer’s registry.
You can use antivirus software to carry out deep scans. Besides, try avoiding installing softwares and downloads from unsecured sources. Keep away from spam emails and avoid interacting with unsafe links.
SOLUTION 3: OVER-HEATING OF COMPUTER PARTS
Computers usually shut down when they overheat. That’s how their developers make them. The chief reason is to protect them from overheating or inflicting internal structural damages. If your computer responds this way, don’t force them to continue operating.
Forcing them to keep working when they overheat melts crucial components and dislodges internal structures, which is detrimental to your computer.
The error code 0x00000050 usually shows up unexpectedly and usually carries a stark warning about your computer’s condition. Therefore, it’s paramount that you address this problem almost immediately using the steps above. We hope this guide will help you solve the page fault in nonpaged area error on your computer.